Welcome to Arun & Adur CAMRA
Our branch covers the area between the rivers Arun (in the west) and Adur (in the east) and the A272 (in the north), with the sea being the southern boundary (see this map). This means that Arundel, Lancing, Littlehampton, Petworth, Pulborough, Steyning, Storrington, Worthing and the many villages, all form part of the branch. There are nearly 200 pubs and bars in our branch area and over 155 serve real ale, and there are over 800 branch members.
We have a beer festival every year, the dates for 2018 are the 26th and 27th October and more details can be found here
Regional Pub and Club of the Year
Pub of the Year – Surrey Oaks, Newdigate, the White Horse, Maplehurst was runner-up.
Club of the Year – United Services Club, Egham, the Albatross RAFA Club, Bexhill was runner-up.
Congratulations to both winners.
Champion Beers of Britain 2018
- Overall winners: Gold - Siren Craft's Broken Dream Breakfast Stout, Silver - Green Jack's Ripper, Bronze - Mordue's Workie Ticket
- Mild: Gold - Greene King's XX Mild, Silver - Rhymney's Dark, Bronze - East London Brewery's Orchid
- Bitter: Gold - Orkney's Red MacGregor, Silver - Mighty Oak's Captain Bob, Joint Bronze - Bank Top's Flat Cap and Acorn's Barnsley Bitter
- Best Bitter: Gold - Mordue's Workie Ticket, Silver - Bishop Nick's 1555, Joint Bronze - St Austell's Tribute and Salopian's Darwin's Origin
- Golden Ale: Gold - Salopian's Oracle, Silver - Salopian's Hop Twister, Joint Bronze - Abbeydale's Moonshine and Windsor + Eaton's Knight of the Garter
- Strong Bitter: Gold - Dark Star's Revelation, Silver - Bay's Devon Dumpling, Bronze - Kinver's Half Centurion
- Speciality: Gold - Colchester's Brazilian Coffee and Vanilla Porter, Silver - Cromarty's Red Rocker, Bronze - Derventio's Cleopatra
- Porter: Gold - Red Cat's Mr M's Porter
- Stout: Gold - Siren Craft's Broken Dream Breakfast Stout
- Barley Wines & Strong Old Ales: Gold - Green Jack's Ripper
- Old Ales & Strong Milds: Gold - Tintagel's Excalibur
A map of the Sussex micropubs and showing the nearest railway stations can be found here.
A new micropub, The Foghorn, will be opening soon (no date as yet) in Portslade on Boundary Road.
Well out of the branch area but a new micropub is believed to be opening soon on Queens Road in Hastings.
Beer No Evil - a craft beer shop and taproom at 82 Brighton Road has started building works - no confirmed opening date as yet. Gareth Harries and his wife Gemma are the owners.
The planning application for a new micropub at 65 Brighton Road, this was formerly The Bike Store next to The Cow And Oak (previously the Royal Oak) has been approved.
A planning application has been raised for another new micropub in Worthing. This time on 114 Montague Street, the former Morans Butcher shop.
Come to one of our meetings or socials and see how you can help promote real ale. All members are welcome. You can also look at our Facebook Page where you will find lots of pub and real ale information from the local area. Note that you don't need to be a CAMRA member or have a Facebook account to be able to view what is on Facebook.