Welcome to Arun & Adur CAMRA
Our branch covers the area between the rivers Arun (in the west) and Adur (in the east) and the A272 (in the north), with the sea being the southern boundary (see this map). This means that Arundel, Lancing, Littlehampton, Petworth, Pulborough, Steyning, Storrington, Worthing and the many villages, all form part of the branch. There are nearly 200 pubs and bars in our branch area and over 155 serve real ale, and there are over 800 branch members.
We have a beer festival every year, the dates for 2018 are the 26th and 27th October and more details can be found here
Regional Pub and Club of the Year
Pub of the Year – Surrey Oaks, Newdigate, the White Horse, Maplehurst was runner-up.
Club of the Year – United Services Club, Egham, the Albatross RAFA Club, Bexhill was runner-up.
Congratulations to both winners.
Champion Beers of Britain 2018
- Overall winners: Gold - Siren Craft's Broken Dream Breakfast Stout, Silver - Green Jack's Ripper, Bronze - Mordue's Workie Ticket
- Mild: Gold - Greene King's XX Mild, Silver - Rhymney's Dark, Bronze - East London Brewery's Orchid
- Bitter: Gold - Orkney's Red MacGregor, Silver - Mighty Oak's Captain Bob, Joint Bronze - Bank Top's Flat Cap and Acorn's Barnsley Bitter
- Best Bitter: Gold - Mordue's Workie Ticket, Silver - Bishop Nick's 1555, Joint Bronze - St Austell's Tribute and Salopian's Darwin's Origin
- Golden Ale: Gold - Salopian's Oracle, Silver - Salopian's Hop Twister, Joint Bronze - Abbeydale's Moonshine and Windsor + Eaton's Knight of the Garter
- Strong Bitter: Gold - Fuller's Dark Star's Revelation, Silver - Bay's Devon Dumpling, Bronze - Kinver's Half Centurion
- Speciality: Gold - Colchester's Brazilian Coffee and Vanilla Porter, Silver - Cromarty's Red Rocker, Bronze - Derventio's Cleopatra
- Porter: Gold - Red Cat's Mr M's Porter
- Stout: Gold - Siren Craft's Broken Dream Breakfast Stout
- Barley Wines & Strong Old Ales: Gold - Green Jack's Ripper
- Old Ales & Strong Milds: Gold - Tintagel's Excalibur
A map of the Sussex micropubs and showing the nearest railway stations can be found here.
A planning application has been raised for another new micropub in Worthing. This time on 114 Montague Street, the former Morans Butcher shop. Worthing is rapidly becoming the go to destination for real ale in Sussex.
A planning application has been raised for a new micropub at 65 Brighton Road, this was formerly The Bike Store next to The Cow And Oak (previously the Royal Oak).
The Southwick Beer Engine at 2 Southwick Square, Southwick, BN42 4FJ opened on 6 July. The micropub (although they don't consider themselves as a true micro pub due to the size of the premises) serves locally sourced beer and spirits from within a 30-mile area. Opening hours are: closed Monday, Tuesday to Thursday 12 to 22:00, Friday and Saturday 12 to 23:00, Sunday 12 to 20:00.
The Hornet Alehouse in Chichester opened on April 18 at 12 noon. The regular opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday 12 noon - 9.30 pm, Sunday 5 pm to 9.30 pm, Closed on Mondays.
The Dog and Duck, the new micropub in Bognor opened on 1st June. The regular opening hours are Tuesday to Thursday 11:30 to 14:30 and 16:30 to 21:30, Friday and Saturday 11:30 to 21:30, Sunday 12 noon to 6 pm. Closed on Mondays.
Come to one of our meetings or socials and see how you can help promote real ale. All members are welcome. You can also look at our Facebook Page where you will find lots of pub and real ale information from the local area. Note that you don't need to be a CAMRA member or have a Facebook account to be able to view what is on Facebook.